Sunday, November 24, 2019

Entry# 5 Response to Ducey: Why Arizona needs more college grads

Entry# 5 Response to Ducey: Why Arizona needs more college grads

After reading this articles it gave me some much needed information about this subject. The articles had many really good points about Arizona's current educational predicament, with only about half of Arizona's workforce has a college degree or even went to college. This small blog will contain two points that I really like that the articles and the last point will be what I thought about the article in whole.
The first point I liked  is "States with better educated citizens also see economic benefits"(from the article). I believe this is true, due to some of the richest states in the United States of America have a much better education than Arizona. The goal they have set makes a lot of sense and is very believable for it is not some outlandish number like by 2020 over 90% of Arizonans will have gone though college. Their goal is to get more people into college.
and they want 60% of Arizona citizens to have gone to college and have a degree by 2030. 
The second point that I would like to bring up in the raising of the bar; the world is a very competitive place and we need to prepare children and teens for it. By raising the bar of education it could either deter people from going to college or get them to go too college. If more people go to college and get their degrees then a plethora of jobs will open up to them or they could create their own place of business. If the plant they are putting into motion goes off without a hitch then Arizona will see less poverty on the streets, more jobs to choose from and more funding for the government to use for the people of Arizona. However I believe the only way to get more people into college is to make it more affordable, the main reason most people don't go to college is the threat of being in debt to them. That is a scary thought for most and enough to deter them from going.
Image result for collegeThe third and final point is when I font of this whole article. What I thought about the article was that it was well-rounded it was full of information facts charts the whole nine yards. It helps put a nice little grasp on Arizona's educational issues, however the site was putting my computer through the loops. When I went on it it's slow down my computer to an almost-dead stop. Those are my thoughts on this article overall it was good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment